CII Tamil Nadu Technology Development & Promotion Centre (TNTDPC) is organizing MSME Tech Summit on 22nd August 2018 at Hotel ITC Grand Chola, Chennai with the theme of “Building Global Competitiveness through Technology and Innovation”.
In this era of globalization, Technology is increasingly becoming a key differentiator for MSME sector in order to ensure global competitiveness. MSMEs face a set of unique challenges related to technology adoption & absorption on account of their scale of operations, market linkages, access to affordable finance, policy & regulatory compliances etc. In spite of these issues, MSMEs are increasingly looking at investing in technology for meeting the changing market requirements, reducing the cost and complying with regulatory norms etc.
Considering the significant impact of MSMEs to the socio-economic development of the country, it is imperative to support the growth and development of MSMEs through all possible enabling mechanisms. It is in this background, the MSME Tech Summit is being organised.
The objectives of the summit are
• Discuss about various trends and technologies involved in MSME and manufacturing with a Global / Local standpoint.
• Identify emerging technologies that support component design, product innovation without compromising Quality, Cost and Delivery
• Discuss about MSME-rich ecosystem that ensures sustainability, profitability and value addition
• Understand new business models for products and services enabled by novel design
• Highlight priority areas for developing robust systems and solutions through research and innovation, and next gen technologies
• Facilitate MSMEs in interactions with international networks for best practices, collaborative R&D, product development etc
• Facilitate knowledge flow by working with international organizations through bi-lateral / multilateral cooperation mechanism