Measures taken by MRA due to lockdown in Mauritius
The Mauritius Revenue Authority (MRA) wishes to inform the public that given the lockdown prevailing in Mauritius, a dedicated team of MRA staff is working to maintain all essential services that MRA offers to its stakeholders.
The following arrangements have been made:
- The facilities for the electronic submission of tax returns and electronic payment of any tax due are available on MRA website (www.mra.mu).
- Taxpayers who are unable to submit returns or effect payment of tax due to the lockdown will not be charged any penalty or interest for late submission/payment.
- Kindly note that the head-office of the MRA at Ehram Court, Cnr S. Virgil Naz & Mgr Gonin Streets, Port-Louis, is closed to the public.
However, queries may be emailed on firstname.lastname@example.org. A team of MRA officers is working from home to ensure a smooth running of the various services.
- The core services of MRA Customs are operational at Custom House, Mer Rouge, PATS, Plaine Magnien and at the SSR International Airport, with a skeleton staff, in view of enabling the clearance of goods and outgoing passengers.
- MRA Customs at Plaine Corail in Rodrigues is also operational with a skeleton staff in view of providing the core services.
- Facilities for the electronic submission of Customs Declarations, including electronic payment of duties and taxes, are available on the Customs Management System.
- Information regarding specific services offered by the MRA Customs can be obtained by contacting the Duty Officer on 5 259 6950. The latter will direct the inquirer to the respective service.
- Queries regarding alcoholic products may be addressed to the Excise Section of MRA Customs by calling on 5 778 2220.
- All other queries regarding MRA customs services should be emailed on: email@example.com