MRIC : Patent related Support Services now available to Mauritian Investors
09 Mar 2023
With a view to enhancing services provided by the Mauritius Research and Innovation Council (MRIC) - Technology Transfer Office (MRIC-TTO), the Council has now set up a collaboration with SKS Law Associates to enable patent-related support to Mauritian inventors.
The following assessments can be carried out by this new division:
- examining characteristics of the inventions to identify novelty, inventive step, and industrial application;
- conducting a customised pre-filing patent search (including novelty search) to identify prior art;
- providing a Novelty Search Report;
- providing a professional/legal opinion on the patentability of inventions; and
- the preparation and drafting of patent applications.
For more information, please visit the MRIC’s website here.